Saturday, April 21, 2007

Things are moving

Just a few pictures of the progress made last night…

Started wiring the electricity and working on the lighting

I wired it so I have one set of outlets connected all the time (for the filter, heater, etc…) and a second on a timer (lighting, co2, reactor, etc…).
Lighting will be 6X15W T8 fluorescent light bulbs (the ballasts can be seen in the picture)
I also got the filter, Atman EF1, it's a very simple cheap canister type filter.

It has two sections, one with biological media the other with some kind of sponge.

The filter will be mostly for keeping the water clear (i.e. mechanical filtering) so I will see how it works then decide if different filtering media is needed.

It comes with lots of parts and connections as can be seen in the picture. The build quality is reasonable, it's not robust but if one isn't abusive it should hold well. It is also very simple and has a moderate motor, for this aquarium it should be good since a slow current is more favorable. I think for its price and considering that most people are satisfied with it, it is a good buy but I'll know for sure only after using it for some time…

Substrate also arrived, I hope by next week I'll be ready to set it up :-)

No comments: